Embedded Specialty Maintenance
Want to make lengthy shutdowns a thing of the past? At Ohmstede, we’re helping our customers work toward that goal by providing embedded specialty maintenance programs. These are ongoing, progressive maintenance programs essential to reducing the need for long downtimes and the disruptions they cause.
Our Embedded Specialty Maintenance program is a sequence of carefully coordinated activities driven by a detailed schedule. The types of maintenance we perform can be optimized to help the customer reach its units’ goals – for example, reduce energy costs, decrease downtime, increase unit efficiency or even extend the life of the equipment.
- Embedded specialty maintenance gives customers a predictable expense derived from data-driven unit rates.
- Each project has a specially trained on-site manager and crew that are dedicated to your job and are fully briefed/trained in your plant’s safety, values and culture.
- All off-site repairs are fully coordinated with Ohmstede shops.
- Customers have access to Ohmstede’s buying power for tubes and exchanger parts.
- All ongoing maintenance is tracked thus allowing for repair/historical data to be used on future turnaround planning or warranty maintenance intervals.
Ohmstede crews are embedded in the facilities of several major refiners and annually log in more than 600,000 man-hours repairing and maintaining heat exchangers enrolled in this program.
Services covered by our Embedded Specialty Maintenance program include:
- Cost tracking/analysis/ongoing analysis
- Field machining
- Bolt torquing
- Field Machining
We also coordinate these services with our shops:
- Bundle repair and manufacturing
- Cleaning (hydroblasting and oven cleaning)
- Weld repairs
We manage all general contracting and any subcontractors as needed so the project is seamless to the customer.